View Single Post
Old
  (#3 (permalink))
Hopeful

Default 04-10-2009, 02:49 AM

Just as with any treatment, (we) people who suffer with DID will respond differently to treatment. Some may respond faster than others, etc. That depends on a lot of factors such as trust in a therapist and co-consciousness and so many more things. Most therapists and Dr.'s say that it is curable, at least the ones that actually are educated about it and acknowledge it. Environmental factors definitely have a huge impact on how one may develop DID. Don't think it has anything to do with the length of"time"you have symptoms but that at least two separate identities must exist within one body and there of course they have completely different characteristics. I am still not aware of exactly when my symptoms began, I only know that I was very young. Did not have any idea what was going on and thought everyone"did it". Some choose to integrate and some choose better co-consciousness but it is really going to be what you think is best for you and what you and your therapist discuss. There are many great therapist on here that can answer this and hopefully will in more detail. It is very hard to answer but I/we would be more than happy to talk to you more about this if you would like. Feel free to email by clicking on pic. Good luck~