View Single Post
Old
  (#4 (permalink))
Blargh

Default 11-22-2009, 08:37 PM

Gosh, I'm sorry. Stage 4 cancer alone would be a challenge without all the additional issues. From what I've read, and I had a friend and a sister who had the diagnosis, it is treatable, however, not curable. There's some basic information on about.com, see the link below. If it were me or someone I loved, I would encourage treatment and support and would have a serious sit-down talk with friends and family. And I would get my things in order to not have anything to worry about on down the line and focus only on treatment and wellness. Elizabeth Edwards, wife of the former presidential candidate John Edwards, has lived with stage four cancer, since her cancer returned in 2007 though it has continued to spread, metastasizing in a number of spots in her body. That's one of the additional challenges. Whatever the situation it is, whether you or a friend or family member, you have my sincerest wishes and hope. Life is different to be sure, but there is more. If it were me, I've talked about this for years, I'd hop on a plane and go to the place where I am the happiest and spend some good solid time there. My advice for someone in this situation, joy and laughter trump illness, do everything you can to laugh, to feel to live and receive that gift with open arms. Sadly, my friend succumbed to ill effects from the treatments. But my sister, well, I did everything I could to make sure my sister laughed every chance I could - she's a survivor, 7 years now. My best wishes.

http://lungcancer.about.com/od/typesoflungcancer/a/stage4lungca.htm