View Single Post
Old
  (#10 (permalink))
Megan

Default 06-26-2009, 02:22 AM

You should always speak to your doctor but I have been on the ring the shot the patch the pill and the natural method. For me I love the ring. It is easy to use and you pretty much cannot do it wrong which was my big worry. I gained a little weight but that has a lot more to do with the fact the birth control seems to make me more hungry. If you eat the same it wont do that. The shot is the worst. I gained 30lbs and have never really recovered from a side effect that thins the lining of your vagina. It causes a lot of pain during sex and my doctor says it may never completely go back to normal. I have been off the shot for nearly 2 years. The shot also takes all your calcium and you have to take supplement. It is best to stick to low dose methods such as the pill ring and patch. All are of similar amounts of hormones and considered low dose. The natural method is great and there are a few different ways to follow it but I found it effective however my husband was always to anxious about the risk so we went back to the ring. (Oh and encase you worry my husband says he cannot feel it)