View Single Post
What brand of birth control pills do you recommend?
Old
  (#1 (permalink))
sarah820w

Default What brand of birth control pills do you recommend? - 12-16-2008, 02:43 AM

I'm an eighteen year old female, and have been taking birth control since I was seventeen. Obviously, as a teenager, I have occasional breakouts of acne, which can be very irritating and inconvenient. What I've had some difficulty with is increased discharge with some birth control, in addition to mood swings and headaches. I've taken Yasmine, Ortho-TriCyclen Lo, and Seasonale. I liked the benefits of Seasonale, only getting a period 4x/year, but I noticed that I had mood swings and headaches a lot from it. I took Ortho-TriCyclen Lo, and had increased discharge for some reason or another. Yasmine wasn't too bad, as it has a diuretic, to lessen water weight. I'd like to hear about other people's experience with birth control, and what you recommend. My main goal with birth control other than the contraceptive use is for the acne medication, one that doesn't make you gain weight, or one that allows fewer periods. What do you suggest?

Sponsored Links